We provide young people with a friendly, effective and targeted route into work…
We provide extensive 1:1 advice and group workshops to support young people into employment, skills or training.
Our Employment, Skills and Training service has already hit target early on a DWP contract and has found employment for many of our football players- not to mention helping out friends of friends/customers and within the local community.
We currently work in partnership with the DWP and housing associations, and have capacity to work with other public, private or third sector organisations on contracted initiatives or on an individual basis.
Some of our employment provision is listed below:
- A brand new professional CV, written by experts and targeted at customers’ chosen industry/sector.
- Multiple CVs targeted at the different sectors/job roles, and how to quickly edit them for individual applications.
- Vocational/careers/employment advisors able to work at our office or off site.
- Assistance with job applications with a high success rate of written application to interviews.
- Assistance and advice to those interested in starting their own business.
- Clear direction and honest career advice to help customers pursue the jobs they really want.
- Access to our staff by phone or email within business hours to answer any employment related queries/give any advice to assist customers with applications.
- Access to vacancies not advertised online, through our own employer engagement and efforts to look into customers’ required sectors/industries.
- Access to work experience and training opportunities.
- Assistance and advice for customers looking to enrol on courses or training.
- The option for customers to volunteer or assist with other programmes operated by YES, supported by our staff, to build their skills or confidence; or to fill a gap in a CV or gain a new professional reference.
We provide 3 core workshops. Applications, Interviews and Employer Psychology. These are single day, 4 hour group workshops including a refreshment break; and come with a detailed handout and follow up one hour appointment for attendees.
For more information about the programme and how to get involved, contact Liam.