During 2018, YES will be providing in-work support to Brent young people under the age of 25, thanks to the Young Brent Foundation.
There is very little free advice available for young adults that are already in work (as opposed to the countless funded services for those who are unemployed), and in-work poverty is an issue for many in North West London, who struggle to meet bills and pay rent in the current economic climate.
We want to help with the following:
- Helping young Brent residents find work with better pay
- Putting together action plans and advice to achieve promotion at work
- Assisting young people in changing careers or entering a new industry
- Providing impartial advice to customers about their current employment
- Provide advice to young people struggling or unhappy in their current job